When to be tested?
Before you start with sex work:
- Start with a general STD/HIV-test
- Get vaccinated against hepatitis A and hepatitis B
- Get tested for tuberculosis
- After that, have regular tests (every 3 months) for STDs/HIV
- If you think you may be infected with an STD or HIV or if you have had unsafe sex, do not wait to get tested.
Where to be tested?
A (periodic) STD/HIV-test:
- If you have been at risk of HIV, go for a HIV rapid test to:
- If you had unsafe sex with a client who you know to be HIV-positive:
- If you wish to test yourself for HIV, you can
- Order and use a Swab2know-test
- Use an HIV self-test, which you can buy from the pharmacy without prescription