Sooner or later most escorts get to the point where they either want to or have to stop working
as a sex worker. Getting out of the business may be difficult, however. You may find yourself missing the positive sides of the job such as: nice clients, positive attention, earning good money, nice clothes, cool colleagues, independence, nightlife, excitement, ... If you decide to quit, it has to be a conscious decision. We collected a few tips that other escorts have considered to be important.
Take a distance
- Get a new mobile phone number. Throw away the old one.
- Delete your email account and Internet profile.
- You can ask search engines to remove results for queries that include your name.
Here the form from Google.
- Delete the numbers of your regular clients, so that you are not tempted to call them when you have no money.
- If you used to receive clients at home, find another place to live or move to another city.
- Think of a good, credible story to cover the time you worked as an escort. You may need it to put on your CV or to tell other people.
- Realize that you will have less money than before. Learn to appreciate the value of money.
- Try to get a regular income. Find a job.
- The organizations for sex workers can also help you to apply for a social welfare.
- Now you will only earn money once a month. So start planning your budget. This can help you to budget your income and expenses.
- Find a job.
- Find other things to fill your day, for example, hobbies, enrolling for a course or volunteering.
- Find friends outside the sex workers milieu.
- Think about who you want and who you don’t want to tell about your past.
- Make a list of the hard times as a sex worker. Whenever you experience difficulties after stopping, take a look at this list.
- Don’t give up if you don’t manage the first time. Many escorts need more times.
- It is difficult to stop without help. Organizations for sex workers can support you.